Monday, May 9, 2016

Alyeska Adventures

#1. Set the stage: it's Wards milestone birthday weekend. I wanted to do something special for him. So I reserved a condo for us and one of our friends who has twins 2 weeks younger than Em-Kat. The condo has a nice hot tub that we can all use while the babies are sleeping.

And problems arose: Meghan wakes up on Friday morning and she has painful bumps on her hands and feet. She's been sick this week with a cold and took some medicine she had never had before so she just thought it was a reaction to the medicine. She decides to call the dr. (Teledoc is legit if you haven't used it). And Meghan calls the dr and the dr says, Meghan. You've got hand,foot and mouth. And Meghan says what?!? She said I can't get that I'm not a toddler. And the dr says well I've never seen an adult with it but that's what you've got. And Meghan said say it ain't so cause we've got a big weekend to celebrate. And dr. said you're not going anywhere to celebrate. You're contagious and you can't get anyone else sick.

Alyeska Trip #1 You thought I was never getting there. I really didn't get there for wards birthday but I let him! Ward capitalized on the opportunity to enjoy is Friday off and still went skiing with a friend even though I was Codemed to the house. So check one thing off the birthday list so Meghan didn't feel so bad. 

Birthday surprise: Ward woke up to a 7+ magnitude earthquake to ring in his birthday. Wasn't really the wake up call I had expected but e started it with a big and then a little groundbreaking. Luckily we were all ok and we only had one thing damaged at our house,

The real birthday surprise: Meghan with the help of 30+ friends surprised Ward with a book with favorite memories and favorite things about ward! Thank you all for contributing to his book and helping me surprise him! It was the best gift ever and he loved it! 


#2. This trip to Alyeska wasn't nearly as dramatic but a whole lot more fun. We both took a Friday off to go skiing for the day and left Em-Kat in good hands. It was our first trip to Alyeska together and my first time to try out my new skis. We had a blast having a little date day and trying out the mountain. It's not Colorado. So don't start packing your bags looking for your next ski vacation. It's not a tough mountain to ski, but definitely a lot different feel than Colorado. The Rockies will always have a special place in my heart so Alaska for now Rockies 1 - Alaska 0.

Look at the view from the mountain

I spy a man in orange


We will be back more next year Alyeska. Hopefully with a toddler in tow!

Xoxo,
W, M, Em-Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment