Monday, May 9, 2016

That's the White Stuff... Baby

What do you expect in the winter in Alaska... the white stuff.

Unfortunately 2016 wasn't too heavy in the snow department. We didn't have snow to brighten our short days and long nights. With no snow, it meant that we couldn't fully enjoy the winter we were ready for.

One bucket list item we were able to check off, but not do more of was cross-country skiing. We were really hoping to learn and take Em-Kat alot, but there wasn't a lot of snow. We took her out once in the fancy sled we got.

I want someone to pull me around while I sit hot chocolate in a sled

Picture of a professional looking skier

I may have fell a couple of times. And it may of hurt the next day. It may not have though.

The real champ. Learning to cross country ski while pulling 30 lbs. 

I thought I would be good because I have downhill skied since I was 2.5, but I was like a new moose who was learning to walk for the first time. The type of cross country skiing we did is actually called skate skiing. It's easier to go fast and easier to get the hang of the first time. We didn't take lessons because we thought we didn't need them. We were ok. But people may have had a few laughs at us. We had fun and that's all that matters!

A lot of our winter consisted of sledding in our backyard when we had enough snow. Em-Kat loved it!

Em-Kat's happy place

This is about as bright as it go during the middle of winter. And yes, this picture is even brightened! 

We had a great 1st winter. We are already praying for more snow next winter!

Xoxo,
W, M, Em-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment