Monday, May 9, 2016

So-white or Snowwhite?

Raise your hand if you love snow! (Everyone's hands should be up in the air). Snow makes me giddy. It makes me excited. I just love it when I see it in the forecast, I love it when it's falling and I love it when I get to play in it. This year we got to experience snow in a whole new light. We went snowmachining on it. I know what yall are thinking in the lower 48. They must be on this big machine like....



Nope.


Or maybe they mean something more like this....



Nope. It's a little more like this.



 And then You lower 48's say that's a snowmobile. Yes, it may look like a snowmobile from the Lower 48 and yes it is a snow mobile in the Lower 48 but these are machines and they are built for Alaska! This was one of our most fun trips this winter. A friend of ours has 4 machines and a little cabin up by Trapper Creek and he invited us along for a day trip. We are so glad we said yes. Ward loved it. I thought it was a blast and Em-Kat. Well she wanted off that machine as soon as she got on it. Luckily it's only a two mile ride back to his cabin. The cabin has no road access, you can only get there by snowmachine in the winter (only boat in the summer) and no running water. Adventurous... Huh! Thank goodness for his cabin and sleds. Em-Kat loved sledding down the big hill by the cabin and momma loved that she had a place to take a nap! 



I think Em-Kat liked sitting on it better than riding on it! 

Nothing beats sledding with Denali as your background

Daddy and daughter


Well after a long day of sledding and snowmachine get (which are also interchangeable terms up in Alaska). We headed home and we were exhausted including Em-Kat. This will definitely not be the last time we take these bad boys out to explore the great Alaskan outdoors. And with this trip, we checked another thing off the bucket list... Snow machining. #andanotheronebitesthedust

Xoxo,
W, M, Em-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment